Basis of Faith
As an evangelical Christian organisation, Christians at Work has always had a Basis of Faith, setting out the essentials of the Christian faith. At present all Council members, affiliated Groups leaders and Associates are required to signify their agreement with our Basis of Faith. The statement is protected constitutionally from change of any kind.
We believe in:
- The supreme authority and sufficiency of the Holy Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, as the Revelation of the will of God to men;
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost in the Godhead;
- The love of God to the world;
- Man's fall and spiritual death;
- Redemption from sin and from wrath to come only through the propitiatory sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ;
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead and His personal return;
- Justification by faith; and
- The necessity of the direct work of the Holy Ghost to impart and sustain spiritual life.